(Adopted by the 11th National Member Representative Assembly of the Chinese Association of Automation)
Chapter I General Provisions
1. The English translation of the Chinese name of this Association is the CHINESE ASSOCIATION OF AUTOMATION (hereinafter referred to as the Association), the English abbreviation “CAA”.
2. The Association is a national, academic and non-profit corporative social organization established by enterprises, institutions, social organizations and individuals engaged in the research, teaching, development, production, application and service of automation science and related technologies, a corporate member of the Chinese Association for Science and Technology and an important social force for the development of China’s automation technology.
3. The purpose of the Association is to unite and mobilize scientific and technical workers and related professionals in the field of automation and related technologies in the country to promote the development, popularization and training of automation science and technology in China; to safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of workers in automation science and technology, reflecting their suggestions and voices; serving the economic development, social progress and the scientific and technological workers to improve the scientific quality of the whole people.
4. The Association abides by the Constitution, laws, regulations and national policies, fulfills the core values of socialism, abides by the social morality, thoroughly studies and implements Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, advocates the scientific attitude of seeking truth from facts, and implements guiding principles of “independent innovation, focusing on long-project, supporting development and leading the future”, carries forward the trend of “respecting labor, respecting knowledge, respecting talents, and respecting creation”, advocates the spirit of “dedication, innovation, truth-seeking and cooperation” and adheres to the principle of “independence and democracy” and the policy of “the hundred flowers bloom, the hundred schools of thought contend”.
5. The Association, in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution of the Communist Party of China, establishes an organization of the Communist Party of China, to carry out Party activities, and provide necessary conditions for the activities of the organization.
6. The Association accepts the professional guidance and supervision of the Chinese Association for Science and Technology and the state administration for registration of social organizations.
7. The residence of the Association is located in Beijing; the office address of the Association: No. 95, Zhongguancun East Road, Haidian District, Beijing; Postal code: 100190.
Chapter II Business Scope
8. The scope of business of the Association around the field of automation technology is:
(1) Organize academic exchanges at home and abroad in automation technology and related fields; promote the innovative development and application of automation science and technology, and the cultivation of automation technology talents.
(2) Organize research on automation science and technology and industrial development strategies, to participate in the certification of science and technology related to automation disciplines and related technology projects of government departments upon approval in accordance with relevant regulations, and put forward consultation suggestions.
(3) Edit, publish and distribute academic journals, scientific books, newspapers and multimedia products in the fields of automation technology and related fields in accordance with relevant regulations.
(4) Carry out continuing education and technical training in automation and related fields, popularize knowledge of automation science and technology, and disseminate advanced production technology and scientific management experience.
(5) Approved or entrusted by the relevant government departments, undertake scientific and technological demonstration, evaluation, consultation, scientific and technological achievements appraisal, qualification review of professional and technical posts, compilation and review of scientific and technical literature, and participation in the formulation of standards for automation technology and related fields.
(6) Entrusted by the government to undertake or according to the market and industry (discipline) development needs, hold various types of international and domestic automation technology and related fields of exhibition or exhibition.
(7) Support and reward scientific and technological workers who have made important contributions to the development of automation science and technology upon the approval in accordance with regulations; commend and reward automation science and technology workers who have made outstanding achievements in scientific and technological activities or in major national projects and the academic staff who have made outstanding contributions to the work of Association. Discover and train outstanding young science and technology workers and recommend talents.
(8) Participate in relevant international academic organizations and promote scientific and technological exchanges in the field of civil international automation.
(9) Matters subject to approval as stipulated by laws, regulations and rules in the scope of business shall be carried out after approval according to law.
Chapter III Members
9. The members of the Association are divided into corporate members and individual members. Foreign experts and scholars who have high academic achievements and who are friendly to China, and are willing to communicate and cooperate with the Association, can be admitted as foreign members after being discussed and approved by the Council or the Standing Council and reported to the competent department for filing. Foreign members can enjoy preferential access to academic journals and related materials published by the Association, and can be invited to participate in academic conferences hosted by the Association and obtain other related services. The following provisions of this articles are not suitable for foreign members.
10. Members applying to join the Association must meet the following conditions:
(1) Acknowledge the Articles of the Association;
(2) Have the will to join the Association;
(3) Have certain influence in the professional field of the Association.
(4) The automation associations of provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the Central Government (hereinafter referred to as provincial-level associations) and other relevant units may apply to become members of the Association.
11. The procedures for membership:
(1) Submit an application for membership;
(2) Adopted by the Council after discussion;
(3) A membership card is issued by an agency authorized by the Council or the Council.
12. Members have the following rights:
(1) The right to elect, the right to be elected and the right to vote of the Association;
(2) Priority right to participate in the activities of the Association;
(3) Priority right to obtain the Association’s services;
(4) The right to criticize recommend and supervise the work of the Association;
(5) Willing to join and free to withdraw.
13. Members shall fulfill the following obligations:
(1) Implementing the resolution of the Association;
(2) Safeguarding the lawful rights and interests of the Association;
(3) Completing the work assigned by the Association;
(4) Paying the dues as rules;
(5) Reporting the situation to the Association and providing relevant information.
14. A member who voluntarily withdraws from the Association shall notify the Association in writing and return the membership card. If a member does not pay membership dues for one year or does not participate in the activities of this organization, it is deemed to be automatically withdrawn.
15. A member who seriously violates the Articles of Association shall be delisted upon the decision of the Council or the Standing Council. If a member violates the criminal law and is deprived of political rights according to law, the membership will naturally be cancelled.
Chapter IV the Formation and Dissolution of Organizational Structure and the Appointment and Dismissal of Person in Charge
16. The highest authority of the Association is the Member Representative Assembly. The functions of the Member Representative Assembly are:
(1) Formulate and amend the articles of the association;
(2) Elect, remove the directors and supervisors;
(3) Review the work report and financial report of the Council;
(4) Formulate and modify the standard of dues;
(5) Decide on the matters of termination;
(6) Decide on other major issues.
17. The Member Representative Assembly can only be convened in the presence of more than 2/3 of the representatives, and its resolutions can take effect only when they are approved by more than 1/2 of the representatives. The formulation and revision of the articles of association shall be approved by more than 2/3 of the representatives of the members present at the meeting and shall not be voted by acclamation.
18. The Member Representative Assembly shall be convened once every five years. The application for the convening of the assembly shall be submitted to the competent department two months before the meeting, and the assembly shall be organized and implemented after approval by the competent department. Due to special circumstances, the Member Representative Assembly needing to be held in advance or postponed, shall be passed by the voting of the Council, reported to the competent department for investigation, and approved by the administration for the registration of societies, but the advance or extension time shall not exceed one year.
19. The Council is the executive agency of the Member Representative Assembly. It leads the Association to carry out daily work during the period when the Member Representative Assembly is not in session, and is accountable to the Member Representative Assembly. The functions of the Council are:
(1) Implementing the resolutions of the Member Representative Assembly;
(2) Election, removal of Standing Directors, Vice Presidents, Presidents, appointment and dismissal of the Secretary-general;
(3) Preparing to convene the Member Representative Assembly;
(4) Reporting the work and financial status to the Member Representative Assembly;
(5) Deciding the admitting or delisting of members;
(6) Deciding the establishment, change and termination of the office, branch, representative office and entity;
(7) Deciding the appointment of the Vice Secretary-General and the principal heads of the agencies;
(8) Leading the various agencies of the Association to carry out work and review important internal management systems and regulations;
(9) Hiring academic consultants as needed, and deciding to award various honorary titles;
(10) Decide on other major matters.
20. The Council shall convene a meeting at least once a year. The Council meeting can only be convened in the presence of more than 2/3 of the council members, and its resolutions can take effect only when they are approved by more than 2/3 of the council members. The council member who cannot attend the meeting may entrust a representative to participate, and the representative has the right to vote. In special cases, the Council may also be convened by means of communication. The council member will been automatically delisted if there is not any valid reason for the absence of the Council for two consecutive times (or without asking for leave, no contact, no delegate).
21. The Association shall establish a Standing Council. The Standing Council is elected by the Council and exercises the functions and powers of Item 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of Article 19 of the Articles of Association during the Council is not in session, and it is accountable to the Council. The standing director does not exceed one third of the number of council members.
22. The Standing Council shall hold a meeting every six months. In special circumstances, it may also be convened by means of communication. The Standing Council can be only be convened in the presence of more than 2/3 of the standing council member, and its resolutions can take effect only when they are approved by more than 2/3 of the standing council member. The standing council member will be automatically delisted if he or she is absent from the Standing Council for two consecutive years without any justifiable reasons (or without asking for leave, no contact, no delegate).
.23 The Association shall establish a Supervisory Committee. The term of office of the supervisors shall be the same as that of the council members and may be reappointed consecutively upon expiration. The Supervisory Committee consists of 3 to 9 supervisors. The Supervisory Committee has one supervisor, which is elected by the Supervisory Committee. The chief supervisor is no more than 70 years old and shall not be reappointed. The Supervisory Committee is the supervisory body of the Association and is accountable to the Member Representative Assembly.
24. Supervisory Committee shall be formatted or disbanded by the Member Representative Assembly.
25. The Supervisory Committee shall exercise the following functions and powers:
(1) Attend meetings of the Council and the Standing Council, and raise questions or suggestions on the resolutions;
(2) Supervise the conduct of the council members, standing council member, and persons in charge in performing their duties, and propose dismissal for those who seriously violate the Articles of the Association or the resolutions of the Member Representative Assembly;
(3) Inspect the financial report of the Association, report to the Member Representative Assembly on the work of the Supervisory Committee and put forward proposals;
(4) Require the responsible person, director, executive director, and financial management personnel when they damage the interests of the Association to correct their behaviors in a timely manner;
(5) Reflect problems in the work of the Association with the industry administration, the registration authority, and the taxation and accounting authorities;
(6) Decide on other matters that should be considered by the Supervisory Committee.
26. The Supervisory Committee shall convene a meeting at least once every six months. The Supervisory Committee meeting can only be convened in the presence of more than two-thirds of the supervisors, and the resolutions can take effect only when they are passed by more than 1/2 of the supervisors.
27. The President, Vice President and Secretary-general of the Association shall meet the following conditions:
(1) Love the motherland, adhere to the Party’s line, principles, and policies, and have good moral character and style of study;
(2) Expert, scholar or person with greater influence in this professional discipline and field;
(3) Eager to the work of the Association, healthy, and able to work normally;
(4) Democratic work-style, strong team spirit;
(5) The maximum age of the President and Vice President of directors shall not exceed 70 years, and the maximum age of the Secretary-general shall not exceed 62 years.
(6) The President, Vice President and Secretary-general of the Association shall not concurrently serve as the President and Secretary-general of other social organizations;
28. The President of the board is the legal representative of the association, and the legal representative signs relevant important documents on behalf of the association. In case of special circumstances, the President of the Board recommends that, with the consent of the board of directors, the Vice President of the board of directors act as the legal representative after submitting it to the competent business units for examination and approval and approval by the registration administration organ of social organizations. The legal representative of the association shall not concurrently act as the legal representative of other national associations.
29. The term of office of the President and Vice President of the Association shall not exceed two consecutive terms, and the Secretary-general appointed by the Council may not be subject to the term limit.
30. The President of the Association shall exercise the following functions and powers:
(1) Convene and preside over the Council and the Standing Council;
(2) Examine the implementation of the resolutions of the National Member Representative Assembly, the Council and the Standing Council.
31. The Secretary-general of the Association shall exercise the following functions and powers:
(1) Preside over the office to carry out daily work and organize the implementation of the annual work plan;
(2) Coordinate the work of various branches, representative offices and entities;
(3) Nominate the Vice Secretary-general and the heads of the offices, branches, representative offices and entities, and submit them to the Council or the Standing Council for approval;
(4) Hire full-time staff of offices, representative offices and entities;
(5) Handle other daily affairs.
32. The Secretariat of the Association is the daily working body of the Council. Under the leadership of the Council, the Secretariat is chaired by the Secretary-general to handle the daily affairs.
33. The Office of the Association is a standing full-time business organization of the Association Secretariat.
Chapter V Branches
34. The Association shall, according to the needs of carrying out activities, establish a number of branches, technical committees and working committees, which are specialized in a certain activity of the Association, according to the division of business scope or the characteristics of membership. Branches of the Association are the organizational foundation of the Association.
35. The Association shall establish branches according to the needs of the work within the purpose and professional scope stipulated in the Articles of the Association. The branches of the Association are an integral part of the Association, and they do not have legal personality and shall not formulate separate articles of association. They may not issue any form of certificate of registration. They shall carry out activities and develop members within the scope authorized by the Association, and the relevant legal responsibility shall be borne by the Association. The Association does not establish regional branches, and does not establish branches under the branches.
Branches carrying out activities shall use the normative full name bearing the name of the Association and shall not exceed the professional scope of the Association.
The person in charge of the branch shall not be over 70 years of age and shall not be reappointment.
Branch finance must be included in the unified management of the statutory accounts of the Institute.
36. The Association shall report the relevant information of the branches to the registration authority in the annual work report. At the same time, the relevant information will be disclosed to the public in a timely manner and the Association will accept social supervision consciously.
37. Sources of funding for the Association:
(3) Government and social assistance;
(4) Income from activities and services carried out within the approved business scope;
(6) Other legal income.
38. The Association collects membership dues in accordance with relevant regulations of China, conducts evaluation and commendation activities, and does not charge any dues.
39. The lawful income of the Association shall enjoy the property ownership of the legal person. No unit or individual may embezzle, divide privately or misappropriate; the property must be used for the business scope and career development as stipulated in the articles of association, and may not be distributed among the members.
40. The Association implements the Accounting System for Non-governmental Non-profit Organizations and the relevant financial management systems of China, and establishes strict financial management measures to ensure that accounting materials are legal, authentic, accurate and complete. Accounting personnel must conduct accounting and implement accounting supervision. The accountant who transfers the job or leaves the company must clear the handover procedures with the receiver.
41. The Association conducts asset management in accordance with the relevant regulations of China, which is subject to the supervision of the Member Representative Assembly, the Supervisory Committee (supervisor) and the financial department. Where the source of assets belongs to state funds or social donations or subsidies, it must be supervised by the financial department or the auditing agency, and the relevant information shall be disclosed to the public in an appropriate manner.
42. A financial audit must be conducted before the Association changes its term of office or replaces the legal representative.
43. The wages, insurance, welfare benefits of the full-time staff of the Association shall be implemented in accordance with the relevant provisions of China.
Chapter VI Modification Procedures of the Articles of Association
44. The modification of the articles of the Association shall be reported to the Member Representative Assembly for deliberation after being approved by the Council.
45. The articles of association modified by the Association shall be reviewed and approved by the competent department within 15 days after the approval of the Member Representative Assembly, and shall be effective after being reported to the registration authority of organization for approval.
Chapter VII Termination Procedures and Property Treatment after Termination
46. If the Association completes its purpose or disbands itself or needs to cancel due to reasons such as separation or merger, the Council or the Standing Council shall propose a termination motion, and after examination and approval by the competent department, apply to the national registration authority of social organization for cancellation of registration.
47. Before the termination of the Association, a liquidation organization shall be established under the guidance of the competent department and relevant units to clear the creditor's rights and debts and deal with the aftermath. During the liquidation, it should not to carry out activities other than liquidation.
48. The Association shall terminate after it has gone through the formalities for cancellation of registration by the national registration authority of social organization.
49. The remaining property after the termination of the Association shall be used for the development of undertakings related to the purposes of the Association in accordance with the relevant provisions of the State under the supervision of the competent department and the national registration authority of social organization.
Chapter VIII Supplementary Provisions
50. The Articles of Association is approved by the vote of on by the 11th National Member Representative Assembly on November 24, 2018.
51. The right to interpret the Articles of Association shall be vested in the Council of the Association.