(Approved by the 8th Standing Council of the 9th Chinese Association of Automation on February 7, 2013)
Ⅰ. These regulations are formulated to recognize CAA members who have made outstanding contributions to the development of automation, intelligence and information science and technology, or made outstanding contributions to CAA services, according to the Articles of Chinese Association of Automation and the Regulations on the Membership of Chinese Association of Automation Membership, etc.
Ⅱ. Application and Nomination of Fellows
1. The Application of Fellows adopts the nomination system. Candidates for the fellowship should be nominated by a Fellow of CAA. In addition, the candidate for the Fellow should receive letters of recommendation from five experts in the field. Each referrer shall nominate more than 2 candidates for the annual nomination. Experts involved in the assessment must be professor-level or above.
2. The nomination for Fellows will be conducted once a year, and the deadline for nominations is September 1 of each year.
3. If the nominated candidate for the fellowship is not elected as a Fellow for two consecutive years, he will not be nominated for the next two years.
4. Referrer, experts and candidates must have CAA senior membership and above membership by the nomination deadline and candidates must have CAA membership for at least continuous 2 years (excluding student member) by the nomination deadline. CAA full-time staff and current members of the membership review committee may not nominate and recommend candidates.
Ⅲ. Assessment and Approvals of the Fellows
1. According to the research results and performance of the candidate of the Fellows, five experts in the field shall submit a letter of recommendation within the specified time to the Membership Review Committee for approval.
2. The Membership Review Committee convenes a plenary conference each year to conduct a preliminary review and assessment of the qualifications of the selected candidates. The membership review committee adopts a secret ballot. A candidate shall be deemed qualified for the fellowship only if he/she has obtained more than two-thirds (including) of the votes cast. A conference of the membership review committee shall be valid only if more than two-thirds (including) of the committee members are present.
3. After the preliminary review and assessment of the qualifications of the candidates, the membership review committee will submit the list of qualified candidates to the Standing Council of the Association for voting. The Standing Council meeting adopts a secret ballot. A candidate for the fellowship must obtain more than two-thirds (inclusive) of the number of votes to be elected. After the qualification of the candidate is assessed, it must be announced for 2 weeks. If there is no objection, the candidate is officially elected as a CAA Fellow.
Ⅳ.Announcement of the List of Fellows
The list of members is published on the CAA website and the Chinese Association of Automation Newsletter. At the same time, the certificate is issued.